Shopping Day


Thursday – September 5

Today, my Mom took me “birthday shopping”. I can’t remember the last time that Mom and I spent a day shopping together, and we enjoyed a really fun day. Of course it wasn’t just me and Mom…we also had Colton in tow. J

Since being pregnant and having Colton, obviously, my body has changed. There are women who have babies and then step right back into their pre-pregnancy clothes the next week (and I think that’s amazing)! I’m sure if I worked a little harder and ate a little less ice cream, I would have more success on finding a “style” that fits me, but that’s a topic for another time. J I think the struggle isn’t as much with clothes that fit me physically as much as fit my current lifestyle.

I have only been “clothes shopping” about 3 or 4 times since Colton was born and out of those 3 or 4 times, I’ve only gone in a dressing room to try something on once (maybe twice). I’m not a big shopper anyway, so I guess I just felt like it’s not been worth the “work” of taking Colton in, finding all the outfits, keeping him occupied in the dressing room while I try stuff on, etc…. But, it was a lot of fun picking out and trying on outfits. I got to see the good, the bad and the ugly and Colton kept himself totally entertained with the big mirror. Win-Win.

After trying on (what seems like) 30 tops and bottoms, I ended up with a couple of pairs of jeans, 3 new tops and some new accessories (earrings/necklace) that I will probably not get to wear until Colton is 10 years old.  

A big thank you to my Momma for such a good day (and some cute clothes)!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining