Cheers to 31

Friday - September 6

31 – that’s the magic number. So many have asked, “how does it feel being OVER 30?” and my response is “I haven’t even had time to blink, much less think about it”. This past year has been full of pregnancy, baby showers, swollen feet, a long delivery, a new baby, poopy diapers, late nights, early mornings, up all-nighters, poopy diapers, being away from Matt for work out of town, making bottles, washing bottles, trips out of state, trips in state, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, new clogging classes, laughs, poopy diapers, cries, hugs, wet baby kisses, cleaning up messes, bath times, story times, trips in the wagon, poopy diapers, washing clothes, doctor appointments, anniversary dinners, birthday celebrations, arguments, make-ups, joy, disappointment, poopy diapers, highs, lows and everything in between but most of all this year has been filled with so much love!

This year, we have been blessed beyond belief. We have experienced so many disappointing moments to find out that they were blessings in disguise. Today, Matt and I got some really good news! Happy Birthday to me, right?  I don’t want to jinx us, so I’ll share it with you in another post when we get more details (no, I’m not pregnant)! – Insert unspoken prayer request here –

My Uncle Pat took me (and Colton) to lunch today. We haven’t done that in a long time. Back in the day, he used to take me and my sister out every year on our birthday. We got to pick where we went and it was our special day. It felt like old times and we had a really great lunch/dessert. We landed at FATZ Café and I had too many of the amazing rolls, a salad, calabash popcorn shrimp/fries, a small birthday strawberry shortcake and sweet tea followed by a trip to D.Q. I actually ate so much that I (literally) puked. Talk about partying hard!

Overall, it feels pretty good to be 31. I feel more aches and pains than I used to, but I’m quite certain that’s normal. A big thank you to everyone who left me some birthday love via Facebook & Twitter, sent texts, mailed cards, called and stopped by. Cheers to 31!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining