The Big News...

It's been almost a week since my last post. I've been trying really hard to be patient and I was afraid that if I started blogging that I would "spill the beans"! Well, even if our "big news" isn't actually finalized, I just can't wait anymore!

Matt and I have been on a house hunting journey for (what seems like) forever. It's either been the wrong location, the wrong neighborhood, the wrong state, the wrong price, the wrong size or the wrong timing. Since our search began for a house here in Greeneville (in May), we have looked at about (I'm guessing) 15 (or more) houses.

The first potential purchase was a manufactured home. It wasn't exactly what we had in mind as a home for our (hopefully growing) family, but it was in our price range and it was in a pretty good location. It was a small house and it was going to be hard to accommodate a growing family, but since it came with a decent lot and 2 out buildings, we were willing to make it work. We put an offer in on the property, the offer was accepted and we were happy! Then started the loan process. I won't go into all the details but due to the fact that we own property in Indiana, it was a manufactured home and some other factors, we had a million hoops to jump through. After piles and piles of paperwork, a million faxes, emails and scans and waiting over a month for answers, Matt and I decided to cut our losses and back out of the deal. At the time, I was so frustrated, impatient, depressed, hurt and losing hope. I knew in my heart that it wasn't the place for us, because otherwise it wouldn't be THIS hard. Every step we were making was blocked by something else - looking back on it, it was a blessing in disguise.

So, the search for a home continued. We looked at more houses and weighed all of our options. One evening, Matt sat me down to look at a few houses he had found online. We decided to schedule all three of them to look at the next evening. At this point, I was just relying totally on faith - if the right house was out there, God was going to show it to me. I knew as soon as we walked into "the house" on September 3rd. It was a brick ranch with a full basement (mostly finished). It had 3 bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms upstairs, a huge kitchen, a walk out basement, a huge living area and a great family area downstairs. It needs some updating (one of the bathrooms has a blue tub and blue sink which I will write about in another post) but it has a detached 2 car garage for all Matt's crap (I mean stuff) and the house feels like a home! The house had been owned by the same person since 1979 (an older woman who's husband has passed) and was priced "to sell". I was trying to stay neutral and not get excited because there was a chance this was still not the place for us -but I felt like it really could be.

After looking at the other 2 houses, Matt and I knew that we wanted to put an offer in on the brick house. Matt and our realtor went back to the office, wrote up the offer and it was submitted first thing the next morning (September 4). We waited all day for an answer, but knew that since the offer was just submitted that morning that there was a chance we wouldn't hear back. So September 5th arrives and we wait, and wait and wait. As much as I tried to think about anything else, my mind kept going back to the house and my eyes to the clock. Still no answer. Finally, I call our realtor and surprise - the day before my birthday - we get news that the offer had been accepted! Happy Birthday to me! This time it felt real, it felt right and it felt awesome. I knew that this house could be the house for our little (and hopefully growing) family!

So, the loan process starts again. This time, we're with a different company with all new circumstances and the process is way less complicated (so far)! Without as many roadblocks, issues, surprises and "bad news", I'm feeling like maybe this was what God had waiting for us. Maybe this house is why the others have not worked out.

We still have some approvals to get, but it looks like things are in line for us to have a new (to us) home. If all goes as planned, we will close on October 11th. Please keep us in your prayers as this process still feels far from over (and could still fall through).

This process has taught me so much. I have always known (in my head) that I shouldn't force things that aren't there and that there is a reason why doors are closed. But, when I'm actually faced with having to accept it, I question it! I know more than ever that God is so good and He truly does hold my future. It's so hard to step back and walk on faith, trusting that God's closed a door only because He has a much bigger door for me to walk through. Being patient (though sometimes not by my choice) has paid off for us. I'm so thankful that no matter how much I question things and fail in life, God continues to bless me. I am so thankful for another blessing and look forward to closing one chapter of our lives so that we can start a new one!

Comments

  1. Always look up! God is so patient with us and knows our desires. He has His hand on you all and will bless you more than you can imagine! Praying!! Love you all!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining