Goofy is a Dog

The morning of Colton's 8-month birthday (yesterday), the first thing he did when I picked him up out of his crib was take his two little hands on both sides of my face, look right at me and say "ma-ma". Sigh - I sure do love that kiddo. Yesterday, my sweet, funny, happy baby was back - ALL DAY! I'm hoping that since his two top teeth have finally cut through that he will not feel as miserable and that the happy Colton will stick around awhile! Yep, little booger officially has 4 teeth now...and he knows how to use them.

At 8 months, little Colt is ON-THE-MOVE and into everything. I never knew little hands could move so quick. He can clear a table in one swipe if given the chance. Getting a good picture of him (one that isn't blurry from movement) is getting harder and harder but it's so much fun to see the growth and advancement each day. Little man absolutely LOVES music and I think he's finding his groove and rhythm (this makes Mommy very happy)! Talking comes and goes in spurts. For the past month, he has been fairly quiet on the talking front, but he is picking up speed again. He says Ma-Ma very clear and directs it at me (which absolutely melts my heart), and Ba-Ba (I have no idea what this means because he just says it at random and towards many different things). He is yet to say Da-Da, but we work on that one daily! :-)

Last night, he slept from 7:30pm to 5:00am which was amazing!!! Needless to say I was watching DVR'd Mickey Mouse Clubhouse during the early morning hours. Did you know that Goofy is a dog? Yeah, I didn't know that until a few weeks ago - don't judge! Now every time I watch Mickey, all I can think is "man, I had no idea that Goofy was a dog". Yes, Carrie, I need help!!!

This week has made me realize, more than ever, how blessed I really am. Yes, we have many missing pieces in our puzzle of life...but love is not one of them!

Comments

  1. Now tell me, what kind of dog is Goofy? I know you told me how to not post anonymous, but I don't remember. Big surprise huh? luv ya Mike

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining