Pregnancy - the joy of life

Once I found out I was pregnant, I was worried about everything. I was worried if I had eaten something I shouldn't or enough of what I should. I worried about miscarriage and birth defects. I worried if I could travel or not and if I could continue to dance or jog or camp or hike. I worried that I was going to get really fat. I worried that I wasn't going to be a good mom or not know what to do. If there was something to worry about...I worried about it. Then...I met my OB. I love my doctor and I think it's very important for any mom but especially a first time mom to be totally comfortable with her doctor. My first visit with her was amazing. She took time to explain what was happening with my emotions and hormones, with my body and the baby. She answered so many questions. She had so much helpful information but the one thing she said that really brought me peace was nothing medical at all. She said to me "honey, if you're worried that you're not going to be a good mother, you're going to be a great mom because the bad ones don't worry about anything". Once I left her office, I called Matt and told him that all my worry was now excitement and we stepped into another stage of life...

I was so lucky that I never got morning sickness. However, it was unfortunate that I did get all day nausea. The nausea only lasted for about 3-4 weeks and I feel blessed that my first trimester was pretty mild compared to a lot of pregnancies I hear about. On June 18th I went to the Dr for my first official exam and to hear the baby's heartbeat. I was so nervous and excited about this day. It would be the day I could confirm the life inside of me. Even though I was around 11 weeks pregnant, Dr. Woods was not able to hear the heatbeat that day. I was slightly scared but mostly dissapointed that I couldn't hear it. She was so reassuring and told me it was normal and that I really shouldn't worry. She scheduled my first ultrasound for that Thursday and on June 21st, 2012, I fell in love. Matt was with me to experience the most amazing thing my eyes have ever seen. We saw our little baby!!! The heartbeat was good and strong and it brought tears to my eyes. Confirmation that our little bump was in fact doing great -- there is no greater feeling in the world.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining