Girl or Boy???

People can't help it...they want to guess if you're having a boy or a girl. Whether they base it on how you're carrying the baby, your symptoms, family traditions and patterns or just plain out guess it to be what they want it to be...people can't help but give you an opinion. This bothers some people. It didn't bother me at all, I actually enjoyed getting the feedback :-) Some people just want to wait until the baby is born to know -- and I thought I was one of those people that could go either way. My husband was not one of the "wait and find out" types. He knew he wanted to know the gender as soon as we could possibly find out. I have to be honest, the excitement from him and our family and friends was contagious and I just had to know too!!!

On August 7th, at 19 weeks, we went in for our 2nd ultrasound of our bundle of joy. We were both so excited and nervous - mostly beacuse we just want our baby to be healthy no matter the gender. The ultrasound tech asks us if we want to know the sex of our baby and we both say "yes". We wait patiently for a half an hour or so as she gets measurements of the head, arms, spine, legs, feet, belly and then...we all see that we are going to be having a BOY!!! I can't explain the feeling of finding out the sex. You know the baby is real (even though it's an "it") but once you know it's a boy, you can almost picture his face and it brings so much realness to the already amazing process. We were both pleased to find out, not only that we are having a son, but that our little guy is doing really great. His heartbeat is still strong, his measurements are all within "normal" range and no sign of any concerns at this point. As soon as I got in the car, I thanked God for His continued blessings. Our little guy is already loved more than he will ever imagine  :))

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining