Our Love Story

My husband and I met in 1994. My family had moved from Madison County, NC to Henry County, IN to start a new adventure, and an adventure it was. I met lots of new friends (including a boy named Matt Neal) and was involved in school organizations and athetics. We only lived in IN for 4 short years, but it seemed to me like a lifetime. I met so many amazing people that I would never forget, and haven't to this day! But after 4 years, we picked up and moved back "home" to the mountains of Western North Carolina. During my first year of college, my family moved over the state line to Greeneville, TN and we've been in Greeneville ever since. I never saw Matt Neal again...until January 2008. Matt and I had been in contact a few times through email and a crazy site knows as MySpace. He was bringing a trailer from Indiana to Tennessee and called to invite me to dinner. I said I would think about it, I was pretty busy that weekend. I avoided him most of the day and afternoon but that evening I called him. I remember excactly how I was feeling and I said to him "it's kinda late in the evening now and I just got home so maybe we should do it another time, you're probably not even hungry now" and his response was "I'm starving, we can still go" so I said to myself, okay...one dinner. That one dinner turned into so many emails, text messages, late night phone calls and frequent trips from Indiana to Tennessee. After many trips of every other weekend -- we decided we wanted to be closer together. In July 2009, I made the move back to Indiana. I was nervous, excited, scared and in love. I was starting a new job, moving more than an hour away from my family for the first time and starting a brand new adventure! In October of 2009, Matt asked me to marry him and it was one of the best nights of my life. We got married in June 2010, back in my hometown of Greeneville. That day, our wedding day, was one of the happiest times of my life. I know that Matt is my best friend. We have loved deeply, shared openly, hit our lows and enjoyed our highs together. I know that this is my love story...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining