Ryleigh

I don't think I ever write about "just" Ryleigh. Poor second child. :-) So today is dedicated to my sweet baby girl.

Today is Ryleigh's 3-month birthday. Wow, that was fast. She is the perfect fit for our family. She is sweet and happy. She is loveable. She has the most kissable cheeks (and lets me plant them on her all day long). She adores her brother and can recognize his voice from a room away. Her smile is absolutely contagious. She has adorable leg rolls that I just want to squeeze (and do almost every time I change her diaper). She is laid-back but extremely alert. She has eye lashes that I'm envious of. She has pouty lips and has the "duck face" down pat (though I hope she forgets how to do that or even better, that the duck face is not even a "thing" by the time she is a pre-teen/teen). She is everything I prayed she would be and I'm thankful.

At 3 months, she is on a pretty consistent schedule. She's eating every 3 hours during the day (still just a 4oz bottle). It's hard to get used to feeding a delicate, little girl (vs a hungry hippo boy)! She wakes up right around 7 every morning and gets a "good mornin' Ryleigh" from Colton (every.single.day)! She can sit up in her bumbo seat really well and she can sit on the couch with the help of pillows. She hates tummy time, it seems to be too much work but she does love to sleep on her belly when I let her. She has extremely strong legs. She has her Momma's feet. Long, skinny and her second toe is longer than her big toe (it's a Shelton thing). Her fingers are long and I'm guessing if she wanted to learn, she could play the piano really well some day. She likes to cat-nap in her swing with her pink elephant "lovey" over her face (my sister still naps with a blanket over her face). Bedtime is around 7:30pm and she is only waking once in the night (we put the paci back in and life is good until 7:00am). Can I just tell you how much I needed a baby that would sleep? God knew and I thank Him (now, we just need to get C on board the sleep train)!!!

Having a daughter has given me a whole new outlook on life. Now that I have a girl to raise, I am very mindful of how I represent myself and what examples I'm going to be setting for her. From cleaning our home to self image and everything in between. I pray for Ryleigh, just as I pray for Colton. I pray that she thrives and has a good heart. I pray that she will stand up for herself and stand with those who can't stand alone. I pray that she is not just smart but wise and I pray that she grows to have a personal relationship with God. I pray for her physical, mental and spiritual health. I pray that she shines a light so bright! Of all the things I pray regarding my children, I pray that God helps me to remember that they are His and that He loves them even more than I do (which is so hard to really even grasp) and in knowing that, I can worry less and enjoy them more.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining