Hello 2016

There's something about starting into a new year that feels so much like a fresh start. It truly is like a new chapter full of opportunity, excitement and (of course) resolutions. I don't really like to make "resolutions" but I do like to reflect on the year past and take note of things I did well/liked/succeeded in/became a better me in doing as well as the areas in which I struggled and need work. It's nice to have a goal and a vision of what I want for the new year ahead.

This year, I really want to focus on my physical health. I was pregnant for a good chunk of 2015 and with that pregnancy came lots of cravings for ice cream...and brownies...and bacon, egg & cheese biscuits...and coke...and pancakes...and McDonald's French Fries...and...you get the idea! My physical appearance does not concern me (I've always been pretty confident and happy in my own skin) but my physical HEALTH does. I was really feeling sluggish and heavy with no energy and lack of motivation. Sure, I could use the excuse that I have a new baby and I have a toddler that doesn't sleep all night and it's winter time and blah, blah, blah, but those are all just excuses. I knew, the day after Christmas, that if I didn't start right then, that I was not going to start at all. So, that's what I did. Thankfully, I have a supportive husband who is in this with me and our goal is to be healthy for our kids so we can enjoy our days with them (for many, many, many years...)!!!

I'm also focusing on building my Rodan+Fields business this year. There is SO much opportunity with this company and I will be sharing it!! I know this business is going to be a vessel for me to reach some really big goals I have for myself and my family. Reflecting on what this business did for us in 2015 makes me want to cry (happy tears) because it was far more than I ever thought it would be. 2016 is going to be a big year for R+F and I am going to be right in the middle of it.

Another point of focus for me in 2016 is to "de-clutter" my life. Naturally, I want to rid myself of clutter in my home but it doesn't stop there. I want to rid myself of unnecessary distractions, junk, negativity, drama and stress. I really want to focus on shining a light, surrounding myself with others who make my light shine brighter, search the Internet a little less and play "hungry hungry hippos" a little more. Compare less, because comparison is the biggest stealer of joy and a big reason for a lot of my clutter. Compare less, so that I focus on the value of what I have and see that what I have is more than enough!

I want to blog more this year. I love to write (type), it's a release for me. I want to read more. I want to say "no" without feeling guilty. I want to be honest and open and real in every situation. I want to have meaningful relationships, full of honesty, understanding and compassion and most of all, I want to walk away from every situation (good or bad) having learned something.

2016 is going to be a good year, I can feel it! I'm excited. I'm focused. I'm ready!!!




Comments

  1. Love this...and bring it on, 2016! I know you'll succeed!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining