New Mercies

You know those moments when you're so tired/frustrated/emotionally spent and you feel like you're at the bottom of your bucket and then you get a little "check-in" or call or text or note or look from a friend and you know that everything is going to be just fine?!? At that moment, you feel your bucket slowly starting to fill back up? Those moments happened for me yesterday. All at different points, through different outlets throughout the day and all just exactly when I needed them most. I had a few friends "check-in" on me and offer some emotional support, Matt came home and "took over" so that I could just take a shower and right before bed, I got a text from a special friend that said "sleep well friend, thankful for new mercies each morning".

That text made my mind go to one of my absolute favorite songs, titled "Great is Thy faithfulness".

“Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father,
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not
As Thou hast been Thou forever wilt be.


Great is Thy faithfulness! Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see;
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided—
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!"


I went to sleep singing that song to myself. Singing, "morning by morning new mercies I see". You know what happened? Colton slept all night. In his bed. First time in MONTHS! You know what else? Ryleigh didn't sleep all night (like she has been doing pretty consistently) but I had a new peace and comfort in me that I could give her. I was able to rock her, appreciate her, snuggle her and enjoy her. Even at 3am. I wasn't in a hurry, I didn't feel frustrated and amazingly, I didn't even feel tired when I woke up this morning. New mercies, indeed. I know that was you, God and I thank you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining