Day 2 - Love Language

Day 2 - What is my love language?  

I guess I haven't really paid attention to this "love language" thing but after some research, I learned that in 1995 a guy, named Gary Chapman, wrote a book called "The Five Love Languages: how to express heartfelt commitment to your mate". The book outlines 5 ways to express and experience love, that Chapman calls the "love languages". The five languages are 1) gifts 2) quality time 3) words of affirmation 4) acts of service and 5) physical touch. In the book, Chapman states that, emotionally, people need to receive love and that people should not use the love language that they most like, but the love language that their loved ones can receive. I haven't read the book, but it sounds interesting.

I got curious, what is my love language? I went online and found the "love language profile for wives". I answered a list of questions. Once completed, I got a profile score. The highest score indicates my primary love language (the highest score is 12). According to the profile score interpretation, it's not uncommon to have two high scores, although one language does have a slight edge for most people. It just means that two languages are important to me. The lower scores indicate languages that I seldom use to communicate love, which probably don't have very much of an emotional effect on me.

my love language profile scores
8 words of affirmation
9 quality time
0 receiving gifts
4 acts of service
9 physical touch

So, it looks like my "love language" is a tie between quality time & physical touch.

What is your love language?!?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining