Halloween

Some people were asking about Colton’s Halloween costume (because I didn’t post any pics)! Since this was Colton’s first Halloween, I struggled with the decision of whether or not to play “dress up” with him. After looking at costumes (the cost of costumes) and talking to Matt about the reasons why we would be doing it, we decided against dressing him up this year. He wasn’t old enough to pick out what he likes or enjoy candy anyway, so we stayed home and had a great time handing out goodies to all the trick-or-treaters.
Since we live in a small neighborhood now, we had lots of little visitors on Halloween night. Our first spooky visitor was my Cousin Sara’s son, TJ. He was dressed up in the “Scream” mask. While I thought it was a great costume choice, Colton did not and was scared of the mask. Once TJ revealed who was under the mask, Colton was much happier! My parents, my Uncle Pat and Aunt Teri all came over (and brought pizza) to enjoy the trick-or-treaters. Over the course of the night, we had a visit from Dorothy, a Granny, a Vampire, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Cowboys, Indians, Cheerleaders, the Hulk and many more interesting characters.

I noticed that the majority of the kids didn’t say “trick or treat” or even “thank you” – they just walked up, opened their bags, got their candy and walked away. The kids who were accompanied by adults were told to say “thank you”, so that was nice! J I can’t say that every kid was impolite. I had one little guy say “trick or treat”, “happy Halloween” and “thank you” all in one sentence! Another little boy, dressed up as an Indian (with full head dress) walked up to the door and said “trick or treat”. I said, “I love your costume” and he said “thanks – I LOVE your flower beds”!  So, overall, our first experience of handing out Halloween candy was a good one – and I’m excited about Colton joining in on the fun next year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining