What are you thankful for?

We are into Thanksgiving week and it’s hard for me to believe that November is almost over.  I have so much to be thankful for this year.

I’m thankful for my good health and the good health of my little family. Thinking back to all the sickness we battled at this time last year makes me ever more grateful for the good health today!  I’m thankful for Matt and how hard he works to provide for us. I’m thankful for my family and the love that is shown to us all year long. I’m thankful for a warm house and food, not only on our table but in our cabinets. I’m thankful for new friends and new experiences. I’m thankful for my R+F business that allows me to contribute financially while not missing a moment with my little man! I’m thankful for the “lows” that have happened this year, because without them, I wouldn’t appreciate the “highs” as much. I’m thankful to live in a country where I can express my thoughts, opinions and beliefs without fear or shame. Above all else, I’m thankful for a loving God who is compassionate and forgiving.

I’m so excited to continue the tradition of spending Thanksgiving with my family. We will pack about 30 people into my Mamaw and Papaw Shelton’s little, warm house. Matt will fry a turkey, we’ll shoot some guns, we’ll take a walk up the creek. We will be loud, laugh, reminisce and eat a lot of great food and then we’ll eventually have to say goodbye until the next time.

This year has been an eye-opening year for me. I’ve worked on finding peace and a positive place within myself. I’m so thankful for that peace and all that has come with it! What are you thankful for?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining