One Year "house" Anniversary

There is something special about Fall. The smell, the chill in the air, the colors, the sounds. It brings memories and emotions flooding through me. I can remember exact places, songs, events, relationships, talks, trips. It's nostalgic. I reflect, I think, I examine myself and I am hopeful! Many wonderful things have happened throughout my life during the Fall and I absolutely love this season.

Matt proposed to me 5 years ago this month. I think back on these past 5 years and how far we have come as individuals, as a couple and as parents. Life has thrown us some curve balls but God has been so good to us. Hand in hand, we have fought some hard-won battles.

One year ago, we got the keys to our house. This is the first house that Matt and I picked out and bought together, making it very special to us. We have done some updates and made some changes over the past year and we have slowly made this house our home.

As I think about the last year in this house, I can't help but get emotional. Colton was just 9 months old when we moved in. I smile at the memories of Matt and I tackling our hard wood floors all by ourselves (which I love dearly and am so proud of). The long nights of steaming off wallpaper border and painting when I finally got Colton to bed (knowing he was going to be awake in about 4 hours). The joy I felt when we sat at our table for dinner as family of three, for the very first time. This house has been good to us over the past year.

Our house is a work in progress. It probably always will be (most are, right?). When you look at our house, you might not see anything "grand" or "new" but you will see love and laughter. You will see tractors, trains and trucks in any room at any time. You will dirty dishes in the sink, socks in the floor and mail on the counter. You will see throw pillows on the floor (I mean, they are for throwing, right?). You will see a Daddy giving airplane rides in the living room floor and a Momma throwing dance parties in the kitchen. We are living, learning and loving.

I'm beyond thankful for what this year has brought me. The new friends I've made, the new journeys I've embarked and the blessings I've received. I'm so excited to see what continues through this season!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining