Good Steward

It's interesting to me that when I'm struggling through hardship or when I don't understand something, or I feel tired/frustrated/defeated I seek God so passionately and with so much purpose. I pray boldly. When things are easy and life is "good", do I maybe take Him for granted? Why do I not pray just as boldly in thanks for His goodness? I've been digging into God's word more and more, learning and searching. It's so inspiring.

While reading tonight, I found something interesting. I'm sure that I have learned this along the years, but never really stopped to give it thought (in depth). There are many aspects of sin. The interesting thing for me is the sins of commission (doing what is wrong) and the sins of omission (not doing what is right). I have always known that if I do something that is wrong, it's wrong (or a sin). I never stopped to think that NOT doing something that I should could also be a sin.

What does that mean anyway? Not doing something I should? I should wash the dishes before I go to bed, so if I don't, I'm a sinner? NO. Not praying, not sharing Christ with others, not being a good steward, not shining a light...these are examples of sins of omission. While we are here on earth, nothing is really ours. When we die, we can't take any of the material possessions with us. We are simply stewards over our home, our vehicles, our clothes, our money and even our children. Yes, even our children are really God's children. What have we done with our possessions to glorify God?

I have a purpose in this world. I know God has a plan for me. Some days I keep it together and feel like I'm on track and then there are days when I allow negativity to overcome me, I doubt and I worry. I'm not perfect. But, I do have awareness and an open heart to seek God's forgiveness and to lean on him during the good and bad times. I'm thankful for a loving God and I pray that I can be a good steward during my time here on earth.

"Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever"." 1John 2:15-17

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining