Library


Today, I took Colton to the library for the first time. We went for "story time". I realized that I haven't been in the library, myself, for WAY too long. It always feels nostalgic when I walk into a library. I remember the old library in downtown Marshall. I remember the way the floor creaked. I remember the ramp walking in and the old (what my sister and I called the "secret") back door. I remember the stamps they put on the cards in the back. I remember searching through all the names on the card to see if anybody I knew had read that book before me! Ahhh, the good ole days.

The Greene County Library has "story time" on Tuesday mornings at 10:30. I have to admit, I was a little nervous taking Colton because his attention span and "still time" is about 10-15 minutes (on a good day). He was a little wiggly and a lot distracted but overall, he did really well.

Being in the library today made me realize, even more than normal, how technology is both good and bad. It's nice to have a kindle and not worry about pages being torn, but there's nothing like the feeling of actual book pages being turned. I also thought about how blessed we are, to live in a country where we have the freedom to read whatever material we want to read. Not only do I have the freedom to do that, but I (especially as a woman) have the education to read if I choose. I know that I don't read half as much as I should, but I still don't take the privilege for granted!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining