Be the light

We live in a world of confusion and pain. It's hard to watch the news - I rarely do. I hate talking politics and I get totally worked up over lots of issues that I don't agree with. I can agree to disagree (I guess). I live in a country where I can still pray and believe what I want. I can uphold a standard that I believe good and not be punished for it...or can I? I'm not sure. That is why I say, we live in a world full of confusion and pain.

I'm not going to start a political debate here, but I do want to share what's on my heart. I pray for Colton every day. I pray that this cruel, dirty, messed up world won't dim that beautiful light I see inside of him. I pray that he is confident enough in what he believes, and in who he is, to be able to face those who bully, hurt, degrade and cause pain just out of ignorance and lack of Godliness. I pray for our president, he needs guidance and direction from our Heavenly Father. I pray for our country and our people. I pray that the good people stand up and fight. I pray that we don't sit back and say nothing but that we have a voice - even if it's not a popular one.If we want God to be present in our country and in our lives, we have to LET HIM IN! We have to pray without ceasing, we have to seek Him, we have to share the goodness within us, outwardly to others. That's a goodness that can only come through Him.

I pray for the resources, the knowledge, the patience and the strength to be the Godly mother that I need to be for my child, even if  the "Godly way" isn't the popular one. I pray that parents WAKE UP and realize that we're supposed to be parents, not best friends. It's our job to correct, teach, punish (when needed) and direct our children. If we don't do that at home - how are we to expect anybody else to do it (teachers, coaches, tutors, etc...)?!?! I truly believe that our children will respect us more if we stand in the role we're meant to me in, as parents, and stop trying to be a best friend (the best friends will come years down the road - and it will be a stronger relationship, I guarantee it)! We can sit back and blame the violence in schools on guns, knives and other issues but the truth is, we need parents to start being parents again. I take full responsibility for Colton's actions when we're out in public. Even the actions I have no control over. I take it personally when he misbehaves because it's a reflection of what I am allowing him to do and be at home. I can't blame anybody else for that. Good or bad, it's my responsibility. I think our world needs a little more of that these days - TAKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR OUR ACTIONS!

My last thought is, every decision is ours to make. I totally agree that people should have the right to chose. But I also believe that we should each have to pay the cost for those decisions. Every decision has a consequence and we are too quick to make a decision (whether out of fear, anger, hurt, love, jealousy, insecurities, selfishness, etc...) and then blame someone else for the outcome.

We are living, breathing, intelligent human beings and if we have the courage, we can do amazing things. I challenge you to put yourself behind others and do something positive, every day! It might be as small as smiling at somebody passing by, or allowing somebody to go ahead of you in the grocery check out line. It might be volunteering to help somebody move or to baby sit for a new Mom so she can have some time away. It might be sending a card to your grandma to just say "hey, I'm thinking of you today". Take the time to be engaged with others. This world is cruel and everybody is so hustle and bustle that we are disconnecting with people. We need to touch, feel, experience others, love and share. It's so important for us to co-exist. When we lose the connection and the intimacy of others, we become cold and distant and then we lose our light! Don't lose your light. Be the light that draws others toward you.



Comments

  1. Wow, this is just what I needed tonight.Thank you for sharing with me things I do know already, but for opening my eyes and heart to what I tend to expect or what is taken for granted. You have very wise words to share and I thank you again for sharing them. Only if more people would heed to these things you speak of, the world would be a much better place.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining