Wednesday is just another Monday

So wait, was today Wednesday or Monday? I really couldn't tell by the events happening around here today!

Colton has learned how to turn the nozzle on the end of the hose to "on" and he thinks it's hilarious to spray himself, the grass and everything else. I actually don't mind him playing with it because it keeps him busy and he isn't hurting anything. Well, he wasn't hurting anything until he turned it on full blast right at my eyes and caused a busted blood vessel in my right eye (I'm guessing - that diagnosis has not been confirmed by a medical professional). I guess it's well deserved since I was spraying him on Monday and caused him to run face first into the fence in the yard. Colton 1. Mommy 1.

We have concrete cinder blocks stacked up for a fire pit in the backyard. I really want them under ground because they will look better and I won't worry about Colton (or anybody) falling into them. I have had this horrible fear that Colton is going to fall into those things because he loves to climb on them, try to move them, etc... Well today - my fear came true! I thank Scout for (partially) saving my boy this afternoon. Seriously, this is going to sound ridiculous and "made up" unless you are familiar with how smart and protective German Shepherd dogs are of their family members. Scout was laying in the shade beside the fire pit. Colton was running like a mad man all over the yard. I always try to steer him away from that area in case he stumbles while running. I was finishing up a phone call and noticed him down in that area. I couldn't get all the words out but I started "Colton stop..." as he started falling in toward the cinder blocks. I guess Scout must have sensed the danger and/or my fear because she stood up and walked into Colton. I swear my heart stopped for about 3 seconds because I just knew there was no way his face wasn't going to hit the blocks full on. Thankfully, Scouts body combined with Colton's reaction time and God's hand was enough to keep most of his face off the blocks. He ended up with a scraped shoulder and eye. I'm so thankful that it ended like it did - that could have been so much worse.

Matt didn't get home until 7 tonight and I can say that I was so ready to hand over duties to Daddy!!! :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining