Monday

Today! What a day. Colton was up and at it early. In a great mood, just in a great mood way too early for my liking. You would think that I would stop loving sleep since I know I can't really have it anymore, but no, I still love it - and miss it!

Matt and I have this old Zenith TV. It's a huge box/tube TV that I'm pretty sure my parents bought back in 1995/1996. One of these days we will get one that we can actually read the words on the screen but we finally hooked it up in our bedroom and it's a lifesaver. After Colton wakes up (and I get his chocolate milk) we lay down (I lay with my eyes closed hoping that he will go back to sleep, and he sits) in bed and watch Chuggington or Ella the Elephant (totally depends on what time he wakes up)! So sad that I know what time it is based on what TV show is on in the morning. But hey, it's the only time the kid sits still for 30 minutes to an hour so I take it - gladly!

We have a fence in our yard and Colton likes to run up to it, grab it and shake it. He has done it a hundred times. This morning, he had his little hat on and it had fallen down a little closer to his eyes than normal. While playing in the yard, I got the water hose out for my flowers and to fill Colton's pool. As he was coming across the yard, I sprayed the hose up in the air and the water came down on him and he started running away from it, toward the fence. I thought he was going to grab the fence like he always does but nope - he ran face first into it, bounced off and landed on his back. He looked around like "what the heck happened" and then just busted out laughing. When he got up his hat was all sideways and he was running at me with dirt and grass all over his back and a red mark on his face from the fence. Crazy kid.

(Back Story) Colton likes to pick up pillows, put them towards his face and then just fall straight down, face first onto the floor. He also likes to just fall face down into pillows. Well this afternoon, we got out in the camper and cleaned, organized and played. Getting it ready to go for the season. While getting stuff out for the camper, I laid a set of sheets and pillow cases on the kitchen floor. I made the bed but left the pillow cases laying there -waiting to put our pillows in. We were getting ready to walk out the door and Colton saw the pile of pillow cases and went face first into the floor (concrete under linoleum). It was like slow motion. I knew what he was thinking and I just couldn't get to him. BAM - face plant. I picked him up and blood just starting pouring out of his mouth. He usually doesn't have a pacifier in his mouth when he's running around during the day, but I'm so thankful that he did this time. Although it might have caused more of the gash on his lip, I'm pretty sure it saved his little teeth. So - my first experience with blood pouring out of my child's body! Not a good moment for Mommy but nothing a little juice couldn't fix for my little trooper!

Sometimes I have to stop and realize that Colton isn't even a year and half old yet - he won't be until July. This is just the beginning..................

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining