His Power Can Be Trusted

I have a "worry" personality type. I am a worrywart. I worry if our kids are too hot or too cold, I worry if a bill payment is a day late, I worry if I don't check the mail, I worry if we're going to be away from home that something bad could happen to the house (and it totally could, but it also could be totally fine), I worry about Matt and our health and our finances and our future. Just the thought of going through a big life change (like moving) stresses me out. If it's something that I can worry about, I worry about it. I even try not to worry and then I worry about being worried too much. It's exhausting.

In church on Sunday, we talked about fear and why, if we have faith in God/Jesus, are we afraid. I started thinking about myself and my "worry" personality and it hit me...worry, in all reality is just fear. A fear of the unknown (and sometimes even the known).

I like to believe that I have a strong faith, but if I'm in a constant state of fear, do I? Jesus asked his followers (Mark, 4:40), "why are you afraid, how is that you have no faith?" so I'm sure He's asking me the same question. Do I have no faith?

Whether Jesus is in the actual boat with me (Mark chapter 4) or not, His power can be trusted. Jesus has the power to restore ANY life. When life seems overwhelming, I can trust Jesus!

When we are fearful or worried, that which we are fearful of or worried over is what we will be a slave to. When we fear God, we fear nothing else. When we do not fear God, we fear everything else.

So, my prayer moving forward will be to allow myself to truly fear God and trust His power in my life. I want to let go of my fear and my worry and live a life knowing that His power can (100%) be trusted!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining