Sorting and Waiting

I have officially started a count-down to the date we find out our sweet #2's gender! 20 days to go...

I put all of the boxes, totes, bags and baskets (from all over the house) with clothes that have gotten too small for Colton (way too fast) in the living room and had a major sorting session today. It feels like C was just wearing some of those things and when I looked at the tag it said "3 months". Ugh. The saying "the days are long but the years are short" really hit home today!

As I sat in the floor going through all of the clothes, I got emotional. Colton was sitting there with me asking a million questions and as I looked at the clothes and then looked at him, I just felt completely overwhelmed with emotions. I'm beyond thankful for the little copper top that sat with me today. Thankful for his growth, his health, his kind heart, his 100% boy personality, his smile, his dimple, his (just like his daddy's) eyes...thankful for him in every way!

I'm not going to lie, the 0-3 month clothes made me stop and remember the nervousness I had of caring for that small baby and all the prayers that I sent up to God asking for help, guidance and peace. I'm so thankful that God answered my prayers. The proof in my answered prayers sat beside me, smiling with a bulldozer in one hand and a dog in the other.

So, as I (impatiently) wait on the gender reveal, I'm excited (and nervous) to be on this journey again. Every day, I'm thankful that God has blessed us with another opportunity to bring a life into this world and I will NEVER take that blessing for granted.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining