Work & Play Week

This week, I've been in South Carolina visiting my sister and Josh. This is the second year that I've been able to make the trip for a whole week, and I love being able to come here while (two of) Josh's kids are here for Spring Break. While I've been relaxing, shopping and enjoying time away from home, Matt has been hard at work with projects at the house.

Since I've really been struggling with pregnancy sickness (I refuse to call it "morning" sickness because it's been all day and mostly at night) over the past few weeks, it's been nice to get a change of scenery. I only threw up once this entire week. TMI? Oh well, it's the truth and I'm excited about it!

Monday I actually got back to the YMCA for a little time on the elliptical. I'm excited to get back in a routine once I get home! I've missed my class, the exercise and my friends. Tuesday was a big (for me) shopping day. I don't remember the last time I had a shopping spree for myself. I know it was before Colton was born. I hit Old Navy's maternity section...really cute (and comfy) finds! It isn't a shopping day without finding something for C and I know I've talked about 'Once Upon a Child' before, but the one here in Columbia is awesome! Double the amount of boys clothes from our store in Knoxville. Colton racked up on some summer stuff.

So what's Matt been up to? Where do I start? When we moved into our house, both our bedroom and a spare bedroom were sea-foam green. The walls, the window trim, the closet doors, the baseboard, everything was sea-foam green. I'm not saying that sea-foam green is a horrible color but when applied like it was applied to our house, it's over kill. I have just not had the motivation to tackle that project and now I don't have to worry about it. Both rooms are painted and the trim is back to a "trim color"...white! The kitchen. Our kitchen has been a project that we have been putting off for over a year. It's an old carport turned kitchen so tons of space but not very well designed/built. This week, the kitchen has gotten an overhaul. Fresh painted cabinets, new ceiling tiles, new island (bye-bye to the blue/white/checkered top with hideous flowers and hello to a custom-made butcher-block top from my sweet Daddy), new pantry, built-in shoe storage/hooks/bench seating, new flooring and...wait for it...a DISHWASHER!!!

What else? Oh, our basement. We haven't touched the basement since moving in. The (blue) carpet from the 80s (maybe 90s) was going down the stairs and into one big room. One room (the spare bedroom) had a scrap carpet piece laid down over linoleum, stamped/flower wood paneling and a baby blue ceiling. The "orange room" had a wall of shelves, no ceiling (with a huge drain pipe running through the middle), wood paneling with a piece of scrap carpet (orange) over linoleum. It was attractive! It really felt "homey". I'm also lying!
So, fresh paint on all the walls, new carpet throughout and the "orange room" is now going to be the new playroom (complete with ceiling and new walls)!! YAY.

So needless to say, my house will look quite a bit different when I get home tomorrow! I am so proud of Matt for organizing this chaos the week C and I were gone, and for working so hard to get it put back together for us. That is love with a capital L!!! I'm excited to get home and help a little bit (since I've been playing all week)! Spring is here and that makes me happy!!!

Do you Spring clean? What Spring projects do you have lined up?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining