8 weeks with #2

I really thought that since I had been through this pregnancy thing before, that I knew exactly what to expect! I thought I had it "all figured out"! Boy, was I wrong.

I have never felt this nauseous (for this long) in my entire life. Morning sickness? Try all day sickness. Every meal sounds great but isn't so great coming back up. There are very few smells that don't make me want to go running to the bathroom and I have absolutely NO energy. I don't take one day for granted and I'm unbelievably thankful for this baby, but I am more than ready for this part of the pregnancy to make an exit.

Today, I met my new Doctor. A new Doctor and a new facility means delivery in a different hospital from where I had Colton. I was anxious for the visit, partly because of the newness and partly because I've been re-scheduled twice but I loved it. Everyone in the office was professional and nice and I really like my new Doctor. Looking forward to this new experience! God is always good.

An ultrasound showed me at 8 weeks today. My due date is October 12. Colton and Matt got to sit in on the ultrasound. It was so awesome seeing our little nugget. We got to hear the heartbeat and Colton was amazed by it (so was I)! After the pictures were printed, Colton said "wow. cool. Colton hold it.". I'm thankful that we can let Colton be involved as much as possible during this process.

I have a prescription for Promethazine (Phenergan). I'm so desperate to stop throwing up that I want to take it but I am also a worrywart when it comes to ANY medicines during pregnancy, so I've been looking at the bottle all afternoon debating. Please pray for me.

Other than being tired and nauseous, I'm grateful. I'm so thankful that God has allowed me to carry another life and to experience this familiar, yet new journey!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining