Neal - Party of 4

On January 31st, at about 7:30pm, I found out I was pregnant with baby #2. This was very happy news to Matt (and me) because we have been trying for quite some time!! Emotions flooded through me when I watched that one line turn to two. The rest of that Saturday night, I just kept looking at that pee stick (aka pregnancy test) to make sure those two lines weren’t going anywhere.

It’s funny how knowing I’m pregnant makes my body automatically feel different. It’s like I instantly become more aware and protective. On Sunday morning, I woke up with a smile on my face knowing that I was carrying a little person again. Another little munchkin has entered our lives.

When Colton woke up on Sunday morning, Matt and I decided to tell him our news (not that he really has any idea what’s going on or what a “brother” or a “sister” is). In other words, his world is about to be rocked. This was our conversation:

Me: Bub, Mommy and Daddy have something to tell you

Colton: Huh?

Me: You are going to be a big brother!

Colton: Okayyyyy

Me: Is that cool? That you’re going to be a big brother?

Colton: Yeahhhhhh

Me: Are you going to share all your toys and books?

Colton: Nah

That entire week was a whirlwind of emotions. The excitement and joy of adding a member to our family and the slight anxiousness of the unknown made for some laughs and tears the first week. I learned that Dr. Woods (my doctor throughout my entire pregnancy with Colton, my delivery doctor and Colton’s pediatrician) is no longer seeing OB patients. I was shocked/devastated/sad/mad and in a panic for what to do. Thankfully, God is good and is always looking out for us! One phone call and my worry just melted away. I am looking forward to (and a little anxious about) this new direction, a new experience and our new journey. God has His reasons for the way things happen and I trust Him 100%.

Pray for us. Adding a new baby is a challenge by itself. Having a 2 year old is a challenge by itself. Together, sometimes I feel completely overwhelmed and in a state of panic as to "what were we thinking?". I'm beyond excited and so very thankful that God has blessed us with another baby but I'm still very early in my pregnancy so there are still a LOT of unknowns. My doctor's appointment and Ultrasound (scheduled for yesterday) has been re-scheduled (to tomorrow) due to snow and since they're calling for another 2-6 inches of the white stuff, it will most likely be re-scheduled once again. God is working on my patience and faith this week!

I'm nauseous and fighting off a horrible cold, but I'm thankful. I can already tell that this pregnancy is going to be an entirely different experience from the first one (which is yet another reminder of how special and unique each baby truly is)!

So, I can officially say "Neal, party of 4" coming Fall 2015!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining