Healthy New Year

Matt and I joined the YMCA. I knew it would be good for me to get back in a routine of physical activity (more than just chasing a toddler around in my pajama pants), but what I didn’t know is how much fun it would be to share that time with my husband.

Last night was our first night of putting Colton in the child-watch area, getting familiar with the equipment, learning our way around the Y and figuring out a routine. I had a lot of mixed feelings going into last night. Feelings of excitement, frustration (for letting myself get so badly out of shape) worry (that Colton wouldn’t do so well) but the biggest feeling I had was determination. Determination that I was going to make a change in myself, for myself.  

Do you know what you get when you mix a body that hasn’t worked out in 2+ years with the crazy thought “I got this”? Well, I got a body that can’t get out of bed or pick up my child. You know the awesome part? I’m going back to do it all again today! It’s that ridiculous feeling of “it hurts so good”!

Last night was fun. Colton did amazingly well in the child-watch. I’m thankful for the awesome ladies who care for our kiddo and allow us to focus on ourselves for an hour or two. I’m thankful for a supportive husband, who is by my side for every new challenge. I couldn’t do it without him. I’m so excited for this time. During 2014, we were blessed in so many ways and I’m REALLY looking forward to what 2015 has in store for us!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining