Weekend Fun

This past Friday afternoon, Matt, Colton and I drove to Hixson, Tennessee to visit my cousin Jody and his wife, Missi. Since Matt has never eaten at a Japanese food, they treated us to Ichiban Japanese Steak House and it was delicious! Colton even tried the rice with white sauce and loved it (who wouldn’t, right?).

On Saturday, we spent the day with Missi (Memories by Missi Photography ) shooting family pictures and Colton’s Christmas pictures. Missi does such a great job and I’m so thankful that she is our “family photographer”. I’m really looking forward to seeing the final product.
This morning, we took Colton to church for the first time. We have never left him in any type of daycare, so I wasn’t sure how it was going to go (especially since Matt and I have never attended this church before and didn’t know anyone). The usher at the door was so helpful and directed us exactly where we needed to be. We got Colton “checked in” and took him to his designated room. At first, he was very unsure and was taking everything in. We sat him down with the toys and once he found a truck, he was happy! We were given a pager in case of an emergency and we headed to the chapel for service. I always say God is good because He is. He knows when I’m feeling anxious about something and is able to carry that burden for me (the pager didn’t go off during church)! We went to pick Colton up in his classroom and when we peeked in the window, he was laughing and bouncing around and I felt relief flood over me (see what I mean, God is so good). We had such a great experience at Towering Oaks Baptist Church this morning. We had several young married couples/people reach out to us and invite us to upcoming events. We are looking forward to meeting new people and we will definitely be going back!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining