Catch up

Right now, my life is busy - and my life is GOOD! I'm trying to enjoy all the moments as well as share them, but I'm doing a poor job of keeping up here on "The Good Life". I'll try to play catch up...

Last week, we spent our week on the beach. It was our first family vacation since Colton arrived and I have to say that it was pretty amazing to get away and just simply enjoy some time soaking up the sun! My Mom, Dad, Mamaw and Papaw Bishop, my sister and her significant other, Josh, Matt, Colton and I rented a townhouse on Tybee Island in Georgia. We were there from Sunday to Sunday and we had such a great time.

Monday was the "coldest" day of the week. By cold, I mean slightly cloudy and windy but temps still in the 70s. The rest of the week, we had nothing but blue skies and perfect temperature! On Thursday, Colton turned 9 months old and we spent the day in Savannah! We booked a 90-minute trolley tour with Oglethorpe Tours and got to see the downtown area. After our tour, we had lunch at Cafe at City Market and walked along the river and looked around several of the shops. Savannah is a really neat old city and I'm glad we were able to spend the day there.

Mom, Denise, Mamaw and I split the responsibility of dinner each night, so we had delicious meals all week long. Monday through Thursday we had chili, baked spaghetti, chicken enchiladas and hamburgers/hot dogs. Friday was our night out and of course, we opted for seafood! If you're visiting Tybee Island, I would recommend visiting The Crab Shack.

It was so much fun watching Colton experience the beach for the first time! He had so much fun playing in (and eating) the sand, splashing in (and tasting) the salty ocean and riding in his wagon up and down the beach. How awesome is it that Colton was able to experience a beach vacation with not only his grandparents, but his great-grandparents? I think that's pretty amazing! The week was full of relaxation, beautiful sunrises, perfect weather, delicious food and great memories!

Our first day back from vacation, we got visitors from Texas. Matt's sister Danielle, her husband Phil and their 7-week old baby Hunter came to visit us. It was our first time meeting Hunter and he is such a doll baby. I am so glad that they were able to make the trip and visit with us for a few days.

Yesterday, Dani, Phil, Hunter, Colton and I made a trip to Locust Springs Christian Retreat Center to visit with Tad and Connie McBride. Today, we enjoyed this gorgeous October day at the park. I'm trying my best to talk Dani and Phil into moving to Tennessee - so if you have any good things to say about East Tennessee, be sure to share it with them!!! :-)

Tomorrow, Dani, Phil and Hunter will make their way north to visit with more family in Ohio and Indiana. I am sad to see them go but looking forward to them coming back on their way back to Texas. On Friday, Matt and I do our final walk-through and close on our house. WOOP WOOP! This weekend we will be busy cleaning/moving/settling into our new home.

God has been so good to us, so I ask for prayers on a smooth closing on Friday and a quick/fun move in this weekend! Oh yeah - I expect lots of visitors!!!

Comments

  1. Well it sure sounds like you've had a lot of wonderful blessings filled with fun, sun, and family! I can't wait to get there, too!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining