Moving Forward

Back in May, I created a new blog called 'Calico Road Confessions'. My hope was that this space provide a place for me to document our journey, as we transitioned to our new home on Calico Road. What better place to start a story than from the very beginning, right? Well, with no internet connection and the entire process being a little more overwhelming than I bargained for...I wasn't able to document a single entry on the journey.

This journal entry was written on May 9th. I am sharing it here and picking up where I left off. I'm so happy to be back...

Matt and I bought our house in October 2013. We knew it would not be our forever home but we also knew that God was calling us here for a season. Our home has provided everything we could have needed for our family in the past 3.5 years. Colton was 9 months old when we moved in and we got to witness his first steps here, his transition to a big boy bed, potty training and so many more "firsts". This home is where we found out I was pregnant with baby #2 and where I experienced the worst morning sickness ever. Matt and I have poured a lot of ourselves into updating this house and putting our personal touches on it, making it our home. We brought Ryleigh home from the hospital to this house and we have gotten to witness her "firsts" here too. Leaving our home is a little bittersweet to me. I don't want to stay here, but I will miss the memories I have made here. That's the great thing about memories though, I can take them with me into the next season and leave this house for the next family to enjoy and make memories of their own.

In February 2017, Matt and I found our land on Calico Road. The minute we stepped foot on the property, we just had a good feeling about it. We didn't know what the future looked like for us. We didn't know if we would be able to buy it or if we were even meant to have it. We didn't know that even if we were able to buy it, if we would build for ourselves or sell it. We didn't know if we would be able to sell our house. We had a LOT of unknowns but the one thing we did know, was that it just felt right. Through prayer and our gut feelings, we moved forward and purchased the property.

On a Friday in April 2017, we put a "for sale" sign in our yard. The next day, we had a prospect send their realtor to look and "Skype" with them from Florida. We had several other lookers that week and by the next Friday, we had an offer on our house from the prospects from Florida. With a few counter offers and a couple of signatures later, we were under contract. When God closes one door, He opens another, Amen? 

The past week has been full of moving boxes, inspections, organizing, purging, conversations, chaos, planning and overall excitement about what's to come. We know that this journey is not going to be the easiest one, but we also know it isn't the hardest one we could face. Some days, the thought of living in a 30' camper with 2 kids, a German Shepherd and a husband seems impossible and completely overwhelming and then other days it seems like the best thing in the world.

I don't know what kinds of ups and downs we will face over the next several months, but do we ever know what the future holds? I would much rather take a chance on an amazing opportunity than to be too scared to do anything at all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining