Conquering the world or just surviving?

I woke up this morning feeling like I could conquer the world, so I took my kids with me to shop for clothes. Yep, I was feeling pretty great until we stepped into the first store. Thankfully we got to Maurices right when they opened so we were the only people in the store. We walked in the door and Colton ran into the rack of clothes because he "didn't see it". I put Ryleigh down to pick up the clothes that C knocked off and she took off running. The nice woman working the store ran block for me and started talking to her, which made Rue very unsure of her surroundings, so she started pulling at her coat and crying. The nice lady then says "oh, do you want your coat off" moving towards her, so she comes running to me. I get her coat off and stuffed in my purse just in time to catch the toboggan that Colton is throwing at me and hear him say "I want to take my jacket off too". I proceed to stuff another jacket and hat into my purse (which already has a sippy cup and a play phone) and we FINALLY get into the actual store.

Momma just wants a new pair of jeans. Is that too much to ask? As I'm trying to look at the jeans, Colton is (literally) running circles around the displays. At this time, a woman walks in the door to shop. I turn around and Rue has a whole stack of tank tops pulled off into the floor. I look at the woman and she looks at me with total and complete disgust. This poor lady either never had children or has forgotten what it feels like to shop with small children. Forgive me lady. Seriously, please forgive me. I am already mortified that my children are acting like complete lunatics and I'm fully aware that they shouldn't be. Trust me, I wish they would sit down or at least stand still while I take 5 seconds to grab some jeans (which mind you, isn't even long enough to know if they're my size) but at this particular moment in time, they won't sit down or stand still. I had already battled enough this morning. SO - I'm sorry for my crazy kids. Lady leaves store - bye, Felicia (not my Mom, the other Felicia) :-)

So, I grab jeans as fast as I can and swipe a few tops on my way to the dressing room, I corral my time bombs into that tiny space. That was total chaos but I managed to try on some things that were a close enough fit to take them home for a final inspection (in peace and quiet once my maniacs are in bed). Thank goodness for return and exchange policies, amen? I somehow managed to pay for the clothes I wanted and get out of the store alive. To be honest, that last part is a little bit of a blur because I was sweating and pretty well spent by the time I got my bags, both kids back in their coats and hats and keeping their grabby little hands off all the jewelry/scarfs/socks out the door.

Once we got back to the car, you would think I'd call it a day and go home but oh no. Remember, I said I was ready to conquer the world. So, we head to store #2.

I need 2 more gifts (clothes again) so in to Belk we go! I walk into the breezeway part (where they keep the little stroller buggies) and I sit Rue down in one and C has a complete meltdown. He's crying and going on and on about how he wants to ride (mind you, this is my child that has not ridden in a stroller since the day he started walking because he refuses to sit still) and he's so little and so tired and he needs to sit down. I look at him. I literally just stood there and looked at him like "are you kidding me?" until he said "I guess I can just push Ryleigh". Great idea!

We make in the door to Belk with Rue in the stroller and C pushing. After running into a metal shelf and a sweet little woman's buggy, we (by the grace of God) make it to the section of the store we need to be in. I will never understand why they make the clothes racks so close together (obvi we aren't supposed to have strollers while we shop) but y'all, Ryleigh can pull every single piece of hanging clothing off and into her lap in like 2.5 seconds. So, again, I'm sweating trying to put all the pieces back on the racks and keep C from running her into anybody (at this point, I don't even care if he runs into things as long as he isn't hurting people). I stop at a shelf to pull off some shirts (back turned for maybe 5 seconds) when I hear a blood curdling scream coming from Ryleigh. I turn around and C has a look on his face like "uh oh". I say "What happened?". C says "Ryleigh's crying". "Yes, I know she's crying, why?". "I think I hit her in her mouth when I tried to tickle her. Well, actually I stuck my whole hand in her mouth and it's bleeding". AWESOME!!

I grab some shirts and we head to the check out. I park the stroller buggy at the desk while I'm ready to pay and I look down at Ryleigh who has pulled 5 ornaments off into the floor. Did you know that they put these cute little individually packaged (breakable) ornaments right at stroller level? I didn't. I do now though. After paying, picking up ornaments, getting coats on and trying to head out the door I hear "um, excuse me ma'am...you left a sippy cup on the counter". You can keep it. Actually no, you can't keep it (have y'all priced sippy cups ?).

I had big plans to do some other things this afternoon but instead, I came home and put us all in comfy clothes and we haven't done anything else productive all day! So much for conquering the world, huh?











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining