Christmastime

I love Christmastime. It's absolutely my favorite time of year. I love the decorations and the celebrations and the overall feeling that people genuinely do care for each other. I love how Christmas lights make everything seem so safe and warm and perfect. I love reflecting on the previous year and all the highs and lows that came with it. I do a lot of soul searching this time of year and I get so emotional when I think about the true meaning of Christmas and why we celebrate.

This year has been the most challenging year for me as a wife and Mom. Growing in both of those roles just brings a fair amount of "hard". I know everybody has their own version of hard and while I can wallow in my self pity at times, I can also look at my life and know how incredibly blessed I am.

Last Christmas, Ryleigh was brand new (barely 2 months old) and I was sleep deprived and Colton was so terribly sick on and off surrounding the holidays that it all just seems like a blur. This year, this year is fun! Colton is asking so many questions about the magic of Christmas and in his own unique way, figuring out if Santa is real. He's understanding the process of giving and why we give and he's initiating conversations about Jesus and his birth. Ryleigh is spunky and curious and looks up to her brother so much. I know that the excitement from Colton is trickling right down onto her.

This week has been a slower week for us. We've been at home baking, wrapping gifts, working on projects and crafts, reading, singing and playing. It's been a really nice break and I've enjoyed loving on my kiddos from the warmth and comfort of our home.

I pray that the spirit of Christmas brings a sense of peace to you. I pray that even if your circumstances aren't ideal that you can find joy in the small things. Sometimes the best way to forget our own problems is to do good for somebody else. Drop some change in the bucket on your way in to the store, smile at a stranger, hold the door for someone, give somebody your parking spot, take somebody a coffee, pay for some body's meal, pray for someone, call someone and tell them you love and miss them.

I love Christmastime (have I said that enough?). I hope and pray that we can carry this spirit of Christmas in our hearts all year long!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining