Camper

I've been wanting to get back to this blog as an outlet. Now that the kids are able to (somewhat) entertain themselves for short little spurts, I'm loving the small pockets of extra time I have to get back to things I love! Maybe I'll even get to start sleeping all night again. A girl can dream, right?

So much has happened over the past several months, so I can't even start to play catch up. I mean, Colton's 3.5 years old now and Ryleigh will be 10 months on Saturday. C starts pre-k (fall 3s) in a couple of weeks and Rue is so close to walking on her own. Lots of exciting and not-so-exciting things are happening every day.

One of the more exciting things that has happened (since my last post) is that we purchased a camper. We have always loved to camp and though we do enjoy the feel of "tent camping" we also found it harder to accommodate our growing family and all the crap (for lack of better word) that you have to pack for babies. We knew we wanted a smaller camper that would be easy for me to pull and maneuver as well as get into the rural camping areas we like to visit close to home. In May, we found a used hybrid trailer for just the right price and brought it home (starting our #NealFamilyCampingFun if you follow me on Instagram)! I love that the hybrid gives us a kitchen and bathroom, a solid "living area" and yet the sides pop out (to queen beds) to give us the "tent sleeping" feel that we love.

We've had the camper out on several different trips so far this summer. Our first trip was over Memorial Day weekend at Lakeview RV park in Bluff City, TN. It was a good "first run" for us and we learned a lot. Our second trip was to Shelton Laurel, NC for Shelton Family Reunion weekend. We visited Raccoon Mountain Campground in Chattanooga, TN over the 4th of July weekend and this past weekend we were in Sevierville, TN at a place called Clabough's. Each trip get easier and more fun as we learn how to pack and unpack the trailer. We are REALLY looking forward to some fall camping when the weather gets cooler and the air is crisp...ahhh, I can't wait!

I'm extremely thankful that we are able to make these memories with our family and do something we truly love. It's important to both Matt and I that we fill our kids full of memories and not just things, so I pray that they enjoy these days and can someday look back and say "those were the best of times".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining