2015 review

I’m sitting here on the eve of a new year, thinking about what 2015 was like for me. As I look back on the past 12 months, I find myself doing a “re-cap” in my mind of events and special moments. Some of them make me smile, some make me laugh, some make me cry but all of them make me the person I am today! What did 2015 look like for me?

January

After months (and months and months) of trying for baby #2, I decided to focus on my health at the start of 2015. I joined the YMCA.

Colton turned 2 years old. This was a REALLY hard birthday for me. I had so many mixed emotions. My “baby” wasn’t a baby anymore and I was feeling lots of crazy feels.

I started teaching clogging classes again after a break for the holidays.

I attended a Rodan+Fields business presentation and training session in Knoxville. This sessions changed my outlook on my R+F business, connected me with new friends/business partners and confirmed my belief and potential in this opportunity.

January 31, 2015 – I peed on a stick and found out that I was pregnant!!! Prayers had been answered.

February

Morning sickness, afternoon sickness and night sickness. REPEAT!!!

March

I got to see baby #2 for the first time via ultrasound.

Colton and I traveled to Irmo, South Carolina and spent a week at my sister’s house.

I got to help plan and host a baby shower for my friends, Megan and Jenny as they prepared for the arrival of their new littles.

April

Celebrated Colton’s third Easter.

Matt’s Mom and Sister (and our two precious nephews) visited with us from Texas.

Finally started getting some relief from the pregnancy sickness.

May

I got to help plan and host a wedding shower for my “cousin-in-law”, Kelly.

I attended my first Pampered Chef party at my friend Bonnie’s house.

Had a “Mom’s Monday” dinner with some amazing ladies.

Traveled to Irmo, South Carolina for my sister’s wedding and got to welcome Josh into our family as my brother-in-law.

June

Matt and I celebrated our 5-year wedding anniversary.

We went TENT camping for the first time since having Colton (and I was 5 months pregnant) at the Shelton Family Reunion.

Celebrated the marriage of my cousin Jason and his bride, Kelly in Shelton Laurel, North Carolina.

I entered my second-trimester.

We got to see baby via ultrasound. Gender reveal? Not so much. Stubborn baby wouldn’t show us the “determining factor”.

Matt treated me to a 4-hour Spa Day. Hair, nails, pedicure, massage and lunch. It was fabulous!!!

July

We finally found out that we were having a GIRL.

We celebrated Matt turning 33.

Enjoyed another great “Mommy needs a break” dinner with my friends.

August

Traveled to Indiana to attend a Rodan+Fields Lexus Party for my friend and mentor, Lindsay.

Got to experience the fun of the pregnancy Glucose Test again – yay!

Rode over to Asheville, North Carolina for a fun lunch and “sprinkle” with my Sister/Mom/Cousin/Aunts (Connie and Linda qualify in this group)/Mamaws to celebrate our baby girl. P.S. my Aunt Jennie made the one-day trip from Indiana JUST to be with us (will always remember how special that makes me feel).

Took a week-long vacation with the family to Ocean Lakes Campground in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

September

Had a fun little maternity photo session with my friend, Bonnie.

Colton started attending  a “Music for Little Ones” class once a week.

Enjoyed a fabulous baby shower, hosted by my amazing friends and fellow Moms here in town.

Helped my friend, Kelly, launch her Rodan+Fields business.

Helped organize/plan/host a big surprise birthday party for my Papaw Shelton’s 90th!

October

We welcomed our sweet baby girl, Ryleigh Michelle, into this crazy world.

We celebrated our 2-year house anniversary.

My cousin Jody and his wife, Missi, visited and Missi took some amazing newborn photos.

Matt's brother, Jake a(nd his family) visited with us from Ohio.

Enjoyed a nice dinner with some friends – my first night out after having Ryleigh (much appreciated and needed)!

November

Welcomed my friend, Sara as a new Rodan+Fields business partner.

Celebrated Ryleigh’s one-month birthday.

Helped my friend Jessica launch her R+F business at Esther and Ella Boutique.

Ran my first “Turkey Trot” 5K on Thanksgiving morning.

Celebrated Thanksgiving with family at Mamaw and Papaw Shelton’s house.

December

Colton got pneumonia and was the most sick he’s ever been.

We traveled to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge for Neal Family Christmas. Mamaw Paula, all 3 kids and their spouses and their kids shared a cabin (13 bodies) and we had lots of fun!

Celebrated Ryleigh’s two-month birthday.

A couple of friends and I attended a “Painting with a Twist” event at Hillside Winery in Sevierville. So much fun!!!

Celebrated my Dad turning 55 with a nice dinner (his choice) at home.

Enjoyed Christmas Eve at Mamaw and Papaw Shelton’s house.

Woke up Christmas morning at our home, with our babies and spent Christmas day at my parents’ house.

The year comes full circle, as I’m back to focusing on my health/fitness and I re-joined/renewed my membership at the YMCA and completed my first full week!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining