January

This month has been both trying and rewarding and definitely full of "new". That's what's great about a new year - it's the first blank page of a 365 page book (thanks, Brad Paisley for that little quote)! I plan on writing a good book this year!!! I haven't been on here a lot lately because I've put my focus on my health (physical, emotional and mental) and sometimes (a lot of times) that happens away from the computer. :-)

New Year's Eve was fun. Colton almost made it until midnight. On the one night of the year I am okay with him staying up, he fell asleep! Go figure.

On January 2, Colton climbed out of his crib (over and over and over and over again). We moved him into a "toddler bed" and that has been quite the challenge. I never knew how trying and hard it would be to sleep train a kiddo in a bed they can get out of. There are so many emotions that go with it - it's definitely the toughest (emotional) battle to date!

January 3, Colton turned 2 years old. That's still hard for me to write/type. I have a 2-year-old. Crazy. His party was a lot of fun. Bowling, pizza, ice cream, arcade games and racing. Of course he was showered in love and too many toys. I will say he got lots of books too - his favorite!!! We enjoyed a visit from Matt's Mom, Sister and our nephew from Texas for the weekend and are so thankful they were able to make the trip to celebrate with Colton. We are truly blessed!!!

Colton got a year-pass for his birthday (what a cool gift that was) to the Hands on Museum in Johnson City. We were able to make a trip up there with 3 of Colton's little friends (and their sweet Mommas)! That was a fun day.

Aldi opened in Johnson City. This is HUGE for me. I'm an Aldi fan. It saves us SO MUCH on our grocery bill each month. It's insane how many people were there on a Wednesday afternoon but I totally understand why they're all there. Thankful for Aldi!!!

I have started my journey back to a healthier me. I joined some classes at the YMCA and it's been so amazing. I dread getting up and going every morning, but I'm so thankful that I do it. It's helping me feel stronger in every aspect and the "me time" while Colton is being cared for is much needed (and appreciated)! This has been a good new journey for me...

Matt was baptized this month! I'm so proud of him, happy for him and amazed at God's timing and goodness. I'm so thankful for the strong men that were present in church for Matt that day. I know it meant a lot to him to feel (and see) that support. I'm so excited to see where God leads my husband (and our family). God is GOOD!!!

I'll be closing out this month with a fun Rodan+Fields event in Knoxville with some AWESOME ladies! This business has been such a blessing for me and I enjoy every moment learning, growing, expanding and just socializing with these business partners that I call friends.

January has been good to us! I look back at 2015 so far - and I like what I see. :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining