Cheers to 32

Matt took me to dinner tonight to celebrate my last night as a 31 year old. It was a total surprise and he actually called me and asked me to go “on a date”. As we sat there talking about the past and how fast time has seemed to pass, I am in awe of the amazing life I have had in 31 years. I am beyond blessed.

Matt and I had a whole dinner, just the two of us, and for the first time in a long time, we talked about so many fun things from the past. I don’t know that Colton came up one time in the whole conversation (which is so weird). We talked about Garth Brooks and how we wish we were able to get tickets to one of his come-back concerts. Talking about Garth got us started on how much older we feel now, knowing that we were just fresh out of high school when he “retired” (we’ve been graduated for 14 years)! We talked about how Colton will be 2 in just 4 months (oops, I guess we did talk about Colton during dinner after all). We talked about how much we have been through in the (almost) 7 years we’ve been together. We chatted about my Rodan+Fields business and how much of a blessing it has been for us in the past few months. We talked about how different our lives are in our 30s compared to life in our 20s. We shared stories from our week-long road trip to Texas and our stops in the fun cities of Little Rock and Nashville. We were remembering the fun nights with friends, staying up too late and not having to worry about being up at the crack of dawn to care for a busy boy! We just talked and laughed and enjoyed each other’s company. It was so nice.

I’m thankful for a husband who knows me and loves me in spite of my emotional days, my moody mornings, my crazy ideas, my corny jokes, my tendency to over think and over analyze everything .I’m blessed that I’ve been matched up with a best friend who really does get me – and supports and appreciates me. I’m thankful for a smart, happy, healthy, busy, growing, amazing little boy who brings so much joy to my life. I’m thankful for my amazing parents who have supported me for 31.9 years and have shown me unconditional love – always. I’m thankful for a healthy support system of close friends and family and family-in-laws, who I love dearly.

I’m happy with my life. I’m happy that God has recharged my battery and helped me to have a more positive outlook on life. I’m ready to face year 32 and see what amazing things God has planned for me! Cheers J

Comments

  1. You are such a joy to have in our family! I am so blessed to have you as another "daughter" who brings love and warmth to my son and grandson! Happy Birthday, dear sweet Renee! Wishing you many more and what a wonderfully blessed way to start #32!!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Sawmill - Good for the Soul

The Best Is Yet To Come

Brining